"They're going to sue thy neighbor, and we're going to love our neighbor. They're going to impose bans. We are going to get care to people, and people to care."
Watch Planned Parenthood President Alexis McGill Johnson explain how the United States Supreme Court just told us that we are not free — and learn how you can take action.
A few ways to take action NOW:
First, think about why YOU care about abortion rights. What in your life makes this personal to you? Then, think about how to best use your time this week and the way you want to help:
Chip in (2 minutes)
- Donate to the National Network of Abortion Funds
- Donate to independent providers
- Donate to your Planned Parenthood local affiliate
Tell a story (10 minutes)
- Post on social media with hashtag #WhateverTheReason (additional ways to share your story here).
- Your story can be about having an abortion, supporting a loved one through their abortion, or being someone who wants the ability to choose when, how, where, and why you become a parent. See our page on how to talk about abortion for research-grounded tips on how to talk about abortion effectively and inclusively.
Help out (1 hour)
- Volunteer for Planned Parenthood. Join a Planned Parenthood mobilization call to learn more about how you can best plug into the National Volunteer Program . You can help in as little as one hour.